Unfortunately most of us have been in a car accident at some point in our lives and it has a tendency of leaving you feeling frazzled and anxious. We are here to help you prepare for this unfortunate situation and make it less stressful, in the event it happens to you in the future.
If you are in a Car Accident, follow these easy steps:
- Move yourself out of harm’s way. If it is safe to move your car or you aren’t seriously injured, move your car onto the shoulder of the road. You do not want to cause another car accident. If you are unable to move yourself or your car, turn on your hazards.
- If anyone is injured, make sure you call 911.
- Call the police as soon as you can, so that you can obtain a police report. This will prove to be very beneficial when dealing with your insurance company. You should always cooperate but do not admit to any fault or blame any others.
- Make sure you gather as much information as you can about the car accident. Take pictures of all cars involved, any markings on the ground and any injuries you have sustained.
- Always look for witnesses, and get their information.
- Do not talk to insurance companies regarding the car accident. Most times they want to record you giving a statement. Always refuse and contact an attorney first. This is extremely important.
- Obtain an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. It is crucial that you do not let that much time pass between your car accident and obtaining an attorney.
- If you feel any pain after the car accident, and you were not taken to the hospital from the accident scene, go to urgent care or the emergency room as soon as you can. Make sure you inform the doctor of all of the pain you feel and that you were in a car accident.
- If you begin to feel pain a few days later, do not disregard it as it is most likely related to the car accident. Make a doctor appointment as soon as possible or go to urgent care.
Call us today so that we can make sure you receive your full rights related to your car accident including medical care costs.
Car Accident Attorney in Orange County, Santa Ana Personal Injury Attorney, Personal Injury Attorney.