Ms. Jafari has spent years assisting clients with all aspects of Family Law. Whether it is in preparing a Prenuptial Agreement or if it is in the assistance and preparation in filing a divorce, Ms. Jafari’s first and foremost goal is to provide her clients with all of their options and to be a source for guidance in this process.
Our attorneys are here to assist you through the following procedures:
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Assistance with finalizing and filing your divorce documents
A prenuptial agreement is a contract between two people about to wed that spells out how assets will be distributed in the event of divorce or death. A postnuptial agreement is signed any time after the marriage.
A prenup/postnup is smart financial planning for individuals who fall into any of the following categories:
- One of you owns real estate
- One of you owns all or part of a business
- You may be receiving an inheritance
- One of you has earned more than one year’s worth of retirement benefits or other valuable employment benefits, such as profit sharing or stock options
- One of you has children and/or grandchildren from a previous marriage
- One of you is much wealthier than the other
- One of you plan to pursue an advanced degree while the other works
Under California law, married couples have the highest level of fiduciary duty to each other, therefore both premarital agreements and post-nuptial agreements must be negotiated and drafted with great care.
Our office is here to assist you with the preparation of your prenuptial or postnuptial agreements, in order to ensure you are fully prepared for the future.
Marital Settlement Agreements
- Many individuals these days are interested in pursuing an uncontested divorce, as it can save both time and money for the parties involved.
- Our law firm helps individuals draft out of court agreements that will finalize the parties’ divorce.
- Our goal is to provide our clients with the personal attention needed to ensure that this process is done as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- If you are looking to finalize your divorce without litigation, our attorneys can help you take your tentative agreement and put it into writing in order to guarantee that all your bases are covered.
- Many individuals would like to draft their own settlement agreements, and our office is here to ensure that the settlement agreement is complete and that all the proper paperwork has been signed and the details have been covered.
- Many issues can be resolved in a way that removes the control from the court and returns it to the parties involved.
- There can also be a financial incentive for agreeing out of court to a marital settlement agreement as the time spent and cost of the litigation is avoided.
The team at Jafari Law APC knows that going through such a difficult time with guidance and assistance in completing this difficult process in the smoothest way possible. Ms. Jafari wants to ensure that the complicated legal aspect of a divorce does not add extra stress to the parties involved.