If you have suffered an injury based on someone else’s negligence or general disregard for the well being of others, you may be entitled to free medical care and compensation. The Personal Injury Attorneys at Distinct Law Group are here to assist you. Whether it be an auto accident, slip and fall, dog bite, assault & battery, etc., you owe it to yourself to ensure that your rights are properly addressed and advocated for.
When it comes to the initial meeting with your personal injury attorney, it is always best to provide as much information as you can. Here are a few things you should consider bringing with you to your consultation:
1. Medical Records. If you had a serious injury and sought medical help, you have the right to receive records on the cost of your treatment as well as contacts for the medical staff who treated you. By providing your medical records, your attorney can assess the strength of your potential lawsuit.
2. Documentation. Be sure to bring any photographs or other evidence from the scene of the injury. If there were any witnesses, make sure to have their contact information as well. Making notes about how the incident happened and who was involved can be helpful too. If you lost the ability to work because of your injury, providing employment records and pay stubs may help in claiming lost wages.
3. Receipts. It is important to keep receipts for any expenses you have incurred because of your injury. If you have received any prescriptions, special equipment such as crutches or walkers, or anything else you had to buy or fix, you may receive compensation.
4. Insurance Policy Information. Make sure to bring any statements you may have given to your insurance company or the other party’s insurance company. By providing your insurance policy information, the attorney can make a more accurate analysis of your case and help you determine what is and isn’t covered.
5. Police Report. If a police report was generated, you can obtain these records by calling your local police department or law enforcement agency. The report may also provide names of witnesses to your injury as well as additional details of the incident.
The Orange County Personal Injury Attorneys at Distinct Law Group are here to ensure that you receive compensation for all costs associated with your personal injury including pain and suffering, lost wages, the cost of care and many other monetary costs. Between medical care, insurance forms, and protecting your personal interests in any subsequent court action, having a skilled and experienced Orange County Personal Injury Attorney behind you can make the difference between winning and losing your case.
The Personal Injury Attorneys at Distinct Law Group understand how devastating and overwhelming it can be to deal with mounting costs and suffering caused by serious personal injury. Our attorneys are here to support you during this and retain the very best experts in order to guarantee you have a solid team on your side.
Call our office today at 714-546-4600 for a free personal injury consulation.